Teachers and staff work with students to reach their individual educational potential. To that end, we teach our own, high-tech study and organizational techniques ( HTS-3) in all courses in order to ensure high school and future college success. These unique, proven processing and retrieval learning techniques reduce student stress in studying, reduce homework time, and improve test taking and writing skills
- HTS-3: used in all classes (see Special Programs)
- Average 4:1 Student to teacher ratio or one-on-one courses (Oxford-like)
- Accelerate, graduate early, do two years in one, or re-do poor grades
- Complete college-prep curriculum
- 100 hours SAT prep classes for all juniors and seniors – free
- Earn transferable college credit while in high school – student’s final year can be a combination of high school and college-credit courses, without the student having to take any AP exams
- “Reading the Classics” courses for 6th–8th graders, plus main curriculum
- GT, LD & ADHD specialists on-site
- Courses for gifted students
- Computer geniuses welcome
- No SOL’s for Virginia students
- Year-round private tutoring for non-Cortona students, including PSAT/ SAT prep courses
- 100% acceptance to four-year colleges & universities
- Average $20,000 – $75,000 academic scholarships awarded to all graduating seniors for the past four years to all applying to 4-year colleges
Events for Prospective Families
Weekly from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM These are wonderful chances for prospective parents to get to know our program, meet current staff members, students and parents. We’ll introduce you and your family to stress-free learning that is challenging, inspirational and motivational, and unsurpassed in the DC Metro area
Analyze the positives of private education. All programs look good on the internet, learn to distinguish the hype from reality to get the best, reliable, STRESS-FREE education for your child
Proper Junior and Senior High School Preparation and Planning for parents of 6th to 11th graders who want College Education PAID FOR!
Complete Your College Essay in One Week! Learn helpful skills that will make your essay stand out from the rest.
Harness the power of your technology! Gain Study Skills, Stay on Task, and Get Organized.