Cortona Academy is Open—Onsite—Rolling Admissions!
Upcoming Open Houses
Event: Upcoming Open House for prospective parents.
Brunch with Speakers
Tuesday, June 6th, 2023
Learn about PROVEN results grades 3-12
Event: Upcoming Open House for prospective parents.
Check out Cortona Academy’s latest video: Frisbee Frenzy!
At Cortona Academy, fun and education are the same thing!
Cortona Academy Nurtures Ideas
Still accepting Rolling Admissions, transfer students, grades 4 – 12! Apply Now to enroll in the 2023-24 year!
2023/2024 Financial Aid
Scholarships for Fall/Winter 2023-24 school year still available. All financial aid decisions are made within one day of the date that you submit your completed application.
Calling all athletes, academics, and creatives. Check out our new electives, we are now offering Tennis, Guitar, Book Binding, and Film Production classes! At Cortona Academy, we work around your competitions!
Seminar Special - Onsite, Monthly
“DYSLEXIA,” Your Child's Gift From Above”
How can this diagnosis be a positive? Cortona Academy’s acclaimed HTS-3 Systems of Processing and Organizing Data catapults all students with verbal processing challenges.
Cortona’s Director, Sharon Peruzzi Strauchs, the developer of HTS-3 is offering seminars for parents of students in grades 5 – 12 that will explain precisely how the dyslexic brain sees differently, and why this is a HUGE benefit to your child…if properly applied to the child’s actual course work!
Unlike all standard therapies and educational systems offered for dyslexics in both schools and by private firms, Cortona Academy’s HTS-3 Systems are directly applied to all classes and all courses. These proven systems create the basis for lifetime achievement, not just in junior and senior high school, but in college, graduate schools and professional schools.
Dyslexic children see, think, and learn “outside the box.” So must parents.
Udvar-Hazy Here We Come!
Cortona Academy will be attending family day at the Udvar-Hazy. The event is dedicated to Judy Resnick, who attended Carnegie Mellon University with our director, Sharon Strauchs. Resnick died in the infamous Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. Students and their families will watch the documentary, “The Dream is Alive” (1985). The documentary features a scene that shows Strauchs and her family watching the launch. Cortona is committed to educating our students in the field of STEM, which is why we will continue to participate in the USA Science & Engineering Festival next week.
Cortona Academy's Ongoing Humanitarian Effort
As part of Cortona’s 30-year mission to serve humanity, our “Mayfield, Kentucky Project” is commencing. Our founder’s daughter is at Ground Zero volunteering for victims of the tornado. Those who wish to join us with donations, please contact Cortona Academy via our Website or Facebook page. We will be posting throughout the vacation break ways for the public to join Cortona Academy and our students with the Mayfield Project. Or, please call Cortona Academy at 703-464-0034 and leave a message. Someone from our team will contact you immediately. Thank you, Sharon Peruzzi Straquchs, Director.
Because we help students reach their individual educational potential, Cortona Academy graduates have been awarded $1.336 million in merit college scholarships, surpassing all other schools on the East Coast. At Cortona Academy, Students Receive Between 40K and 160K in Merit Scholarships!
Consider the question most parents are asking, “When do we get our lives back?” As parents, you are facing difficult and daunting decisions in regard to the coming school year.
Now, it’s time to give children the education they deserve. We guarantee to maintain our excellent, stress-free education for Cortona Academy students, including for those children with learning differences, giftedness, athletes, artists, musicians and our “everyday wonderful” young people. They need us, and we need them.
Cortona Academy Education does NOT just occur in a classroom.
We do what most parents do not have the time to do: Show their children the artistic, cultural, scientific and technological venues in the DC Metro Area.
Yearly, we schedule an average of 15 – 20 trips!
Planning for 2023 Space Camp Huntsville, Alabama
A Profound Difference
Cortona Academy Compared to
National Franchises &
Other Private Schools
- Stable Staff with College Professors choosing to devote their lives to our students
- Brilliant, yet kind and understanding professors
- Team Approach
- Our teachers hold Master’s or PhD’s in their field of teaching, with an average of 24.3 years of teaching experience
- We ensure students’ rights are respected throughout their ENTIRE education
- GROUP + 1/1, a one-of-a-kind education in the DC Metro Area, average 4 students per class!
- Internships…INVALUABLE! Now, during college, and beyond
- A fun-filled, daily, stress-free environment with regular field trips
- Acclaimed HTS-3 Study Systems taught in every, single course
- Nationally and Internationally Accredited Curriculum
- Cortona’s Humanitarian Focus keeps our students totally involved in the world at-large
- Not a franchise! Cortona Academy has a 30 year history of superior performance for students in grades 7th – 12th in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
- We own our own facility
- No extra charges for Study Halls, PSAT/SAT Prep Courses, or National Award Programs
- Set Tuition, with up-front costs, not course-by-course “trial”
Unlike National Franchises & Other Private Schools...
Cortona Academy provides an unparalleled approach to college preparation by using a proprietary teaching process, honed over its 30 years history. We work with a tenured staff of professional educators personally committed to each enrolled student’s success and happiness. Enrollment in Cortona is a process ensuring both student achievement and parent confidence. When our success blueprint is embraced and supported by dedicated parents, students achieve the goals we jointly establish. At graduation, we revel at the levels of accomplishment achieved by our graduates, all who reach their utmost potentials and enter great colleges…WITH SCHOLARSHIPS!
- Learn how Cortona Academy’s High-Tech Study Systems (HTS-3) have conquered and mitigated ADHD!
- By: Cortona Academy Director and Founder, Sharon Strauchs
- Eleven percent of all U.S Children ages 4 – 17 years are diagnosed with ADHD.
- What are the other options to medication and special education classes
- Read “ADHD – Beyond the Pill” to learn more!
- HTS-3 Systems is applied to all Cortona Academy classes
- HTS-3 increases focus; decreases stress
- Pressure-Free Enhanced Learning Environment
Cortona Academy is a Gifted Program For ALL Students,
Including Those With ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Etc…
Gifted students are oftentimes the ones who are put under the most stress to be “perfect.” Our HTS-3 study and organization system removes stress and elevates your child!
Coming Soon to Our Blog
1. HTS-3 the “Great Equalizer”
Learn about our PROVEN study and organization system that eases stress for all, both for the gifted as well as challenged, catapulting each to their own, specific level of potential. This is potential-based, not competitive-based education!
After all, this is America. Why shouldn’t every, single person have a shot at “The Brass Ring”?
2. “Dyslexics will Conquer the World!”
We have found that our dyslexic students are the best engineers and artists at Cortona Academy. Our dyslexics are absolutely amazing in their ability to innovate and create.