Cortona Academy is Open—Onsite—for the Upcoming School Year, 2021-2022
We have a limited number of students
and are in complete adherence to CDC compliance regulations.
Fall 2021 Applications
Fall 2021 Financial Aid
Scholarships for Fall 2021 available as of July 1. All financial aid decisions are made within one day of the date that you submit your completed application.
2021 Summer Classes
Why worry about your child losing another school year if there are more shutdowns? Enroll now to get a jump start for the fall. Sign up for summer classes.
Million in Merit Scholarships, Class of 2021
At Cortona Academy, Students Receive Between 40K and 160K in Merit Scholarships
College Acceptance Rate
Consider the question most parents are asking, “When do we get our lives back?” As parents, you are facing difficult and daunting decisions in regard to the coming school year.
Now, it’s time to give children the education they deserve. We guarantee to maintain our excellent, stress-free education for Cortona Academy students, including for those children with learning differences, giftedness, athletes, artists, musicians and our “everyday wonderful” young people. They need us, and we need them.
Cortona Academy Education does NOT just occur in a classroom.
We do what most parents do not have the time to do: Show their children the artistic, cultural, scientific and technological venues in the DC Metro Area.
Yearly, we schedule an average of 15 – 20 trips!
Planning for 2022 Space Camp Huntsville, Alabama
A Profound Difference
Cortona Academy Compared to
National Franchises &
Other Private Schools
- Stable Staff with College Professors choosing to devote their lives to our students
- Brilliant, yet kind and understanding professors
- Team Approach
- Our teachers hold Master’s or PhD’s in their field of teaching, with an average of 24.3 years of teaching experience
- We ensure students’ rights are respected throughout their ENTIRE education
- GROUP + 1/1, a one-of-a-kind education in the DC Metro Area, average 4 students per class!
- Internships…INVALUABLE! Now, during college, and beyond
- A fun-filled, daily, stress-free environment with regular field trips
- Acclaimed HTS-3 Study Systems taught in every, single course
- Nationally and Internationally Accredited Curriculum
- Cortona’s Humanitarian Focus keeps our students totally involved in the world at-large
- Not a franchise! Cortona Academy has a 30 year history of superior performance for students in grades 7th – 12th in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
- We own our own facility
- No extra charges for Study Halls, PSAT/SAT Prep Courses, or National Award Programs
- Set Tuition, with up-front costs, not course-by-course “trial”
Unlike National Franchises & Other Private Schools...
Cortona Academy provides an unparalleled approach to college preparation by using a proprietary teaching process, honed over its 30 years history. We work with a tenured staff of professional educators personally committed to each enrolled student’s success and happiness. Enrollment in Cortona is a process ensuring both student achievement and parent confidence. When our success blueprint is embraced and supported by dedicated parents, students achieve the goals we jointly establish. At graduation, we revel at the levels of accomplishment achieved by our graduates, all who reach their utmost potentials and enter great colleges…WITH SCHOLARSHIPS!
- Learn how Cortona Academy’s High-Tech Study Systems (HTS-3) have conquered and mitigated ADHD!
- By: Cortona Academy Director and Founder, Sharon Strauchs
- Eleven percent of all U.S Children ages 4 – 17 years are diagnosed with ADHD.
- What are the other options to medication and special education classes
- Read “ADHD – Beyond the Pill” to learn more!
- HTS-3 Systems is applied to all Cortona Academy classes
- HTS-3 increases focus; decreases stress
- Pressure-Free Enhanced Learning Environment
Cortona Academy is a Gifted Program For ALL Students,
Including Those With ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Etc…
Gifted students are oftentimes the ones who are put under the most stress to be “perfect.” Our HTS-3 study and organization system removes stress and elevates your child!
Coming Soon to Our Blog
1. HTS-3 the “Great Equalizer”
Learn about our PROVEN study and organization system that eases stress for all, both for the gifted as well as challenged, catapulting each to their own, specific level of potential. This is potential-based, not competitive-based education!
After all, this is America. Why shouldn’t every, single person have a shot at “The Brass Ring”?
2. “Dyslexics will Conquer the World!”
We have found that our dyslexic students are the best engineers and artists at Cortona Academy. Our dyslexics are absolutely amazing in their ability to innovate and create.